How school entities can easily get information about joining NYSIR: Many school entities around New York wish to consider joining the New York Schools Insurance Reciprocal (NYSIR). By subscribing to NYSIR, they can secure essential property and casualty insurance coverage and take advantage of NYSIR’s stable rates, broad coverage, and extensive risk management programs. School districts and BOCES across the state have a single easy avenue to information and membership: One point of contact in each of these eight regions across the state.
New York State school entities can access one of eight different contacts for information on joining NYSIR depending on where they are located. Four experts are NYSIR marketing and member support personnel whose main responsibility is helping school entities – NYSIR members and prospects alike – in their regions. Four experts are NYSIR certified independent representatives who possess significant experience and expertise on NYSIR. All provide NYSIR members quick and direct access to NYSIR’s top executives and even board members without bureaucratic obstacles common in other insurers. All of these reps understand NYSIR and its strengths, the nuances of insurance, and the fabric of communities, and all give members quick access to information and experts.
These Regions and Individuals are:
- Central and Western New York:
Greg Hawk, NYSIR Regional Manager (716) 836-1390
- Counties of Cayuga, Jefferson, Lewis, Onondaga, Oneida, Oswego, Seneca, Wayne:
Eryl Christiansen, Eastern Shore Associates (315) 598-6000
- Counties of Chemung, Schuyler, Steuben:
Kerri Davis, Perry & Carroll (607) 734-4291
- Capital Region – Northeastern New York:
Russell Phillips, NYSIR Regional Manager, (518) 867-6788
- Counties of Clinton, Essex, Franklin, St. Lawrence, Washington:
Randy Giltz, Northern Insuring Agency (518) 561-7000
- Counties of Chenango, Delaware, Fulton, Otsego:
Tim Parsons, NBT Insurance (607) 432-4000
- Lower Hudson Valley:
Dave Barreras, NYSIR Regional Representative (845) 720-2682
- Long Island:
Janet Ward, NYSIR Regional Manager (516) 750-9396
Click here to enlarge
(opens new window)
What school entities can expect from NYSIR membership: Regardless of how they access NYSIR, school entities enjoy many benefits from participating in NYSIR, New York’s premier provider of property and casualty insurance for school districts and BOCES. NYSIR’s insurance programs are custom-built and designed specifically for school entities across New York State. Subscribers get five key benefits:
- Stable coverage and pricing.
- Long-term cost containment.
- Services and claims coverage that is proactive and partnership-based.
- An unwavering focus on managing and reducing risks.
- An excellent financial record documented by consistently strong ratings.
- Learn more at www.nysir.org or from Robert W. Lulley, Jr., Executive Director at 516-640-3053.
Click here to download this information as a PDF.